The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating an Agricultural Tractor
The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’
- instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift and post shift maintenance checks.
- Be able to control the tractor in forward and reverse directions.
- Be able attach and detach implements such as the Power Take Off.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS Technical Test.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel required to operate an Agricultural Tractor.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which
are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering;
An Introduction to the Construction
Current relevant regulations
Introduction to machine Pre – shift inspections Controls and instruments
Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
Use of the 3 Point Linkage
Use of the Power Take Off Reversing the tractor with a trailer Loading and Un-loading
The use of mounted implements
NPORS Technical Test Theory Element
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates / machines per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training.