Fluid Levels, Wheels-Rollers, Brakes, Instruments, Lights, Flashing Beacon, Hydraulics, Safety Devices, Steering, Power Take-Off, Couplings, No Debris in Cutters, Guards in Place. (As per operator manual)
Ride On Machines:
- Drove Machine in Forward and Reverse Motions. Safely, with due regard to site conditions and other users
- Safely Mowed/Cut an area of grass to the criteria set by the Examiner/Site Agent under normal working conditions and other site users.
- Using Correct Cutting Depth Setting
- Using Collection Facility where Required
Cutting Near Highways:
Observed safe working methods including:
- Placing correct road signs to warn that cutting operations were taking place.
- Cordoning off an area using barriers to keep pedestrians outside the working area.
- Using a Banksman / Look Out to warn pedestrians and drivers of other vehicles that cutting is in progress.
End of Shift Procedures:
Parked machine safely on firm level ground, disengaged power take-off, removed ignition key, cleaned cutters, re-fuelled, checked for defects, left machine safe and secure.