The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills operating a Multi Lift & Drop Vehicle.
Course Aim and Contents:
The aim of this course is to have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a Multi Lift & Drop Vehicle operator –
- Have a knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle/machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Multi Lift & Drop Vehicle duties – Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Prepare the Multi lift & Drop vehicle for use and operate machine safely and efficiently – Environmental considerations
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel involved in Operating a Multi Lift & Drop Vehicle.
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training and tests.