The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills operating a Paver.
Course Aim and Contents:
The aim of this course is to
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a Paver operator
- Have a knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle/machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Paver duties
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out paving tasks
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel involved in Operating a Paver.
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training and tests.