The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Mobile Crane.
Course Aim and Contents:
- The aim of this course is to have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator –
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions – Set up exclusion zone
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for mobile crane use
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Prepare the mobile crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently – Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel required to operate a Mobile Crane.
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates / machines per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training and tests.