The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating Mobile Elevated Working Platforms.
The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’
- instructions and accepted good practice.
- Be able to operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’
- instructions and accepted good practice
- Site and operate machine safely in relation to task
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS Technical Test.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel required to operate a Mobile Working Platform.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering;
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine Pre – shift inspections Controls and instruments
- Operators Code of Safe Practice
- Components and types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms Limitation of use
- Moving and locating machine
- Emergency controls
- Servicing and Inspection Testing
- NPORS Technical Test Theory Element
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates / machines per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training.