The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills operating a Pivot Steer FLT.
Course Aim and Contents:
The aim of this course is to have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Lift and transfer loads accurately and safely at different locations
- Load and unload external transport safely
- Fit, adjust and or remove attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel involved in Operating a Pivot Steer FLT.
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training and tests.