The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Tracked Dozer.
The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
Carry out pre-start inspection.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice
- Introduction to machine
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Pre-start inspections/maintenance
- Controls and instruments
- Form stockpiles from excavations
- Slot dozing
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel required to operate a Tracked Dozer.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering;
- Incline work
- Optimum doze range
- Excavate/sidecast and spread material
- Feathering out
- Edge work (including coming off)
- Road coal (if applicable)
- Road hopper (if applicable)
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates / machines per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training and tests.