The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in Vehicle Marshalling.
Course Aim and Contents:
- The aim of this course is to Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle marshall
- Have a knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle/machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshall duties
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down and parking procedures.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel involved in Vehicle Marshalling Duties.
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training and tests.