The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the 180 Degree Backhoe Loader.
The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel required to operate a 180 Degree Backhoe Loader.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering:
An Introduction to the Construction Industry
Current relevant regulations
Introduction to machine Pre – shift inspections Controls and instruments
Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems Trenching, back-filling, levelling and marking out
Excavating deep and shallow excavation
Use of the front loader
Other associated construction activities
Explanation of attachments
CPCS Technical Test Theory Element
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates / machines per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
Health & Safety Test Specific to your chosen category MUST be passed before a CPCS Technical Test can be Taken.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) CPCS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a CPCS Red Trained Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training and tests.