The Aim of the Course is to:
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in Harness and Fall Arrest.
Course Aim and Contents:
The aim of this course is to have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator –
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Harness /Fall Arrest use
- Correctly fit and remove the safety Harness/Fall Arrest
- Carry out end of work inspections
- Environmental considerations
- Storage of Harness/Fall Arrest
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Course?
All personnel required to use Harness and Fall Arrest equipment.
This depends on the experience and number of candidates, the ratio of candidates / machines per Instructor.
Health & Safety Training / Testing
If the Health & Safety Test is Successfully completed & passed prior to taking the NPORS Assessment this will be added to the operator card.
Testing / Certification
All candidates will complete the Full (Theory & Practical) NPORS Technical Test and on successful completion will be issued with a NPORS Operators Card
Companies who are CITB Levy Payers can claim grants to cover some of the costs of the training and tests.